Find a Pro in Shoreham, New York
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Shoreham, NY. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // New York // Shoreham
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Shoreham, NY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Shoreham, NY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Shoreham, NY. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.