Find a Pro in Amherst, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Amherst, OH. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Amherst
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Amherst, OH
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Amherst, OH. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.