Find a Pro in Ashland, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Ashland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Ashland, Ohio
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Ashland, Ohio. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Ashland, Ohio. Get the roofing services you need for your property now.