Find a Pro in Atwater, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Atwater, OH. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Atwater
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Atwater, OH
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Atwater, OH. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.