Find a Pro in Bethesda, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Bethesda
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Bethesda, Ohio
If you need roofing maintenance services in Bethesda, Ohio, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.