Find a Pro in Blue Rock, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Blue Rock
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Blue Rock, Ohio
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Blue Rock, Ohio. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Blue Rock, Ohio. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.