Find a Pro in Broadway, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Broadway, Ohio. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Broadway
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Broadway, Ohio
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Broadway, Ohio. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.