Find a Pro in Clarksburg, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Clarksburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Clarksburg, Ohio
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Clarksburg, Ohio. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.