Find a Pro in Clarksville, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Clarksville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Clarksville, OH
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Clarksville, OH, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Clarksville, OH. Find the perfect contractor for your house right away.