Find a Pro in Collinsville, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Collinsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Collinsville, OH
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Collinsville, OH. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.