Find a Pro in Dover, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to book.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Dover
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Dover, OH
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Dover, OH. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.