Find a Pro in Fairborn, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Fairborn
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Fairborn, OH
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Fairborn, OH, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.