Find a Pro in Fort Recovery, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Fort Recovery
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Fort Recovery, OH
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Fort Recovery, OH. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.