Find a Pro in Gallipolis, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Gallipolis, OH. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Gallipolis
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Gallipolis, OH
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Gallipolis, OH. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.