Find a Pro in Jeffersonville, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Jeffersonville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Jeffersonville, Ohio
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Jeffersonville, Ohio, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to find the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.