Find a Pro in Lakeview, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Lakeview
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Lakeview, OH
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Lakeview, OH. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.