Find a Pro in Lore City, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Lore City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Lore City, Ohio
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Lore City, Ohio. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.