Find a Pro in Lowell, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Lowell, Ohio. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Lowell
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Lowell, Ohio
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Lowell, Ohio. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.