Find a Pro in Macedonia, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Macedonia
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Macedonia, OH
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Macedonia, OH. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.