Find a Pro in Maple Heights, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Maple Heights
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Maple Heights, Ohio
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Maple Heights, Ohio. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.