Find a Pro in Mason, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Mason
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Mason, OH
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mason, OH. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mason, OH. Find the right contractor for your house right away.