Find a Pro in Massillon, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Massillon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Massillon, Ohio
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Massillon, Ohio. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.