Find a Pro in Nelsonville, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Nelsonville, OH. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Nelsonville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Nelsonville, OH
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Nelsonville, OH. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.