Find a Pro in Newbury, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Newbury
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Newbury, Ohio
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Newbury, Ohio. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.