Find a Pro in Perrysburg, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Perrysburg, OH. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Perrysburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Perrysburg, OH
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Perrysburg, OH. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free option to find the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.