Find a Pro in Philo, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Philo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Philo, OH
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Philo, OH. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.