Find a Pro in Rootstown, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Rootstown, OH. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Rootstown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Rootstown, OH
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Rootstown, OH, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.