Find a Pro in Shelby, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Shelby
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Shelby, OH
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Shelby, OH. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.