Find a Pro in Somerset, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Somerset
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Somerset, Ohio
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Somerset, Ohio. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.