Find a Pro in South Lebanon, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // South Lebanon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in South Lebanon, Ohio
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in South Lebanon, Ohio, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.