Find a Pro in The Plains, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in The Plains, OH. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // The Plains
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near The Plains, OH
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in The Plains, OH, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the skills and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.