Find a Pro in Toledo, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Toledo
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Toledo, Ohio
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Toledo, Ohio. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Toledo, Ohio. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.