Find a Pro in Tontogany, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Tontogany
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Tontogany, OH
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Tontogany, OH. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Tontogany, OH. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.