Find a Pro in Upper Sandusky, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // Upper Sandusky
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Upper Sandusky, Ohio
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.