Find a Pro in West Elkton, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // West Elkton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in West Elkton, Ohio
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in West Elkton, Ohio. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.