Find a Pro in West Union, Ohio
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Ohio // West Union
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near West Union, OH
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in West Union, OH. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in West Union, OH. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house today.