Find a Pro in Antelope, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in Antelope, OR. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Antelope
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Antelope, OR
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Antelope, OR, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.