Find a Pro in Beaverton, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Beaverton, Oregon. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Beaverton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Beaverton, Oregon
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Beaverton, Oregon. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy way to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.