Find a Pro in Blue River, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Blue River
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Blue River, Oregon
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Blue River, Oregon, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.