Find a Pro in Clackamas, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Clackamas
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Clackamas, OR
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Clackamas, OR. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.