Find a Pro in Cottage Grove, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Cottage Grove, Oregon. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Cottage Grove
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Cottage Grove, Oregon
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Cottage Grove, Oregon. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.