Find a Pro in Dallas, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Dallas
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Dallas, OR
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dallas, OR, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dallas, OR. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property right away.