Find a Pro in Damascus, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Damascus
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Damascus, OR
If you need roofing maintenance services in Damascus, OR, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.