Find a Pro in Eagle Point, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Eagle Point
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Eagle Point, Oregon
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Eagle Point, Oregon, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.