Find a Pro in Fall Creek, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Fall Creek, OR. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Fall Creek
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Fall Creek, OR
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Fall Creek, OR. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.