Find a Pro in Gates, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Gates
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Gates, OR
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Gates, OR. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Gates, OR. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.