Find a Pro in Grand Ronde, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Grand Ronde, OR. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Grand Ronde
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Grand Ronde, OR
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Grand Ronde, OR. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.