Find a Pro in Lake Oswego, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Lake Oswego
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Lake Oswego, OR
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Lake Oswego, OR. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.