Find a Pro in Lyons, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Lyons
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Lyons, Oregon
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Lyons, Oregon. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lyons, Oregon. Get the roofing services you need for your house now.