Find a Pro in Mapleton, Oregon
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Oregon // Mapleton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Mapleton, Oregon
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Mapleton, Oregon. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.